Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Artist Preview Party Festival of Arts Pageant of the Masters Laguna Beach


Wow! Now that the summer season is coming to a close and the kids are back in school I have a little time to sit down and organize my thoughts and review some of the amazing events that we helped create this summer.

The event of all events to start the summer season off with was the Artist Preview Party. Tickets for this party are by invite only. You have to be invited by an exhibiting artist or by the Festival of Arts directly. Every year many of the artists receive bogus e-mails seeking tickets for this event. I will bring you inside this event; no ticket needed; no bogus e-mail. Did I mention that this event is for 3400 guests?



The theme of the Pageant of the Masters this year was "Eat Drink and Be Merry". And as all good artists do our design team took poetic license in creating four tablescapes befitting the theme. I love the way greens and whites look together, they are refreshing and the options for decor are endless. We wanted to make a big splash and the best way was with a lot of big beautiful flower arrangements of apples, grapes, kiwis, lime, baby kale and artichokes in between hydrangeas, orchids, orange blossom, roses and whatever else I could get my hands on at the flower mart. The flowers were set on top of large cylinder vases filled to the top with limes. We used very simple table linens of lime green and black and popped it with white porcelain platters, flowers and of course the food for the most amazing visual impact.

Here are some behind the scene shots of making it all come together:




Chef Molly Culinary Artistry has an amazing team. Bonnie and I are maticulice at writing a time line and developing list after planning list. On a big event like this there is NO way I want to say to my client “oops sorry we are not ready.” I want to say “Why, yes! We CAN start serving 15 minutes early.”

I wish that I had more photos of the event to share with you but as always I get so caught up in the event that I forget to take out my trusty camera to document the evening.


I almost forgot to share the menu with you.

Displays

• Charcuterie (smoke meats, e.g. salumi, sausages, galantines, pâtés, etc.)

• Tri Salad Plate (summer salad w/apples & beets, potato salad & grain salad w/raisons & walnuts)

Hors d'oeuvres

• Braised short ribs w/horseradish mashed potatoes

• Figs & gruyere palmiers

• Black bean, chicken & sour cream in corn cups

• Bacon wrapped apricots w/sage & a whole toasted almond

• Mini brie cups w/mango chutney

• Corn flake crusted chicken breast w/honey mustard sauce

• Coconut rice cakes w/kalua pork

Desserts

• Lemon meringue pies

• Buckeye candies

• Fried bananas, dolce con leche, coconut & sesame

• Mini Pavlov w/berry mousse & passion fruit glaze

A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment